The Yangtze <<yahng dzuh>> River is the longest and most important river in China. It is also the world’s third longest river. Only the Nile River of Egypt and the Amazon River of South America are longer.
The Yangtze River flows through China for 3,900 miles (6,275 kilometers). It begins in the Tanggula Mountains and runs through south-central China to the East China Sea. The river has many twists and turns, so it flows in different directions as it crosses the country.
Small boats carry people and products on the Yangtze. Large ships from the ocean also travel up part of the river. Thousands of Chinese people live on the Yangtze in boats called junks.
The Three Gorges Dam, on the Yangtze, is the world’s largest dam. It is used to generate electric power and control flooding.
Incoming search terms:
- yangtze river
- china yangtze river
- yangtze river in china map
- what country does the yangtze river run through]
- what countries the river yangtze river flows through
- MAP OF WORLD SHOWING RIVER NILE AMAZON AND YANGTZE
- map of where the yangtze river runs through
- map of china yangtze river
- map location of the nile and amazon river
- yangtze river map