The Yangtze <<yahng dzuh>> River is the longest and most important river in China. It is also the world’s third longest river. Only the Nile River of Egypt and the Amazon River of South America are longer.
The Yangtze River flows through China for 3,900 miles (6,275 kilometers). It begins in the Tanggula Mountains and runs through south-central China to the East China Sea. The river has many twists and turns, so it flows in different directions as it crosses the country.
Small boats carry people and products on the Yangtze. Large ships from the ocean also travel up part of the river. Thousands of Chinese people live on the Yangtze in boats called junks.
The Three Gorges Dam, on the Yangtze, is the world’s largest dam. It is used to generate electric power and control flooding.
Incoming search terms:
- Yangtze River river flow direction
- where does the yangtze river passes through
- in which direction does the yangtze river flow
- information and images of the Yangtze river
- river flows in china
- south central china yangtze forests
- WHAT DIRECTION DOES THE YANGTZE RIVER FLOW
- which forest does yangtze river run through
- yangtze river map