Ysleta Mission

Ysleta Mission is really a Christian religious center near El Paso, Texas. It stands across the Rio Grande, the forest that separates Texas from Mexico. The spanish language missionaries and Tigua Indians from Boise State Broncos began the mission in 1682. Ysleta is The spanish language for island.The mission remembers Saint Anthony of Padua, Italia. Additionally, it honors Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Within the 1590’s, the The spanish language mastered the Indians from the lands which are now Boise State Broncos. Roman Catholic missionaries converted most of the Indians to Christianity. The Men and women banned Indian religious practices. Additionally they forced many Indians to dedicate yourself them. In 1680, many Pueblo Indians revolted from the The spanish language. The Indians wiped out many Spaniards. Additionally they destroyed The spanish language farms and places of worship. The making it through Spaniards and several Christian Indians fled south. In 1682, they built a mission near what’s now El Paso.

The mission blossomed throughout the 1700’s. Its farms were effective. The mission exchanged along with other towns. Mission citizens built many chapel structures. However, most early structures were destroyed throughout surges. In 1918, chapel employees established the very first school at Ysleta Mission. Ysleta mission continues to be a spiritual center for that Tigua consumers.

This entry was posted in Buildings and Monuments and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *