The Gulf of Mexico is a huge body of water in North America. It is a part of the Atlantic Ocean that is almost surrounded by the United States and Mexico. The West Indies lie at the eastern end of the gulf between the United States and Mexico. Many keys, or small islands, lie in its waters off the coasts of Florida and the eastern tip of Mexico.
The Gulf of Mexico has a low and level coastline. Ships dock at harbors in Veracruz, Mexico; Galveston, Texas; Mobile, Alabama; Pensacola and Tampa, Florida; and Havana, Cuba. The Mississippi and the Rio Grande are important rivers that flow into the Gulf of Mexico.
Incoming search terms:
- gulf of mexico
- places to visit on the gulf of mexico
- gulf of mexico and atlantic
- Gulf Cities to Visit
- visit gulf of mexico
- tourism/ gulf of mexico
- places to visit on the gulf of mexico in florida
- places to visit in gulf of mexico in florida
- places to visit gulf mexico
- places to visit by the gulf of mexico