The Piedmont <<PEED mont>> Region is an space of gently rolling and hilly land between the Appalachian Mountains and the Atlantic Coastal Plain of america. It was named for the Piedmont area in Italy. The Piedmont Region covers about eighty,000 sq. miles (207,000 sq. kilometers). It ranges in elevation from 300 ft (ninety one meters) above sea degree within the east to 1,200 ft (366 meters) within the west.
Tobacco is grown extensively within the Piedmont Region. The Piedmont cities of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and Richmond, Virginia, account for about half of the full cigarette manufacturing in the USA. The Piedmont part of Virginia and Pennsylvania is ok apple-rising nation.The dairy business is necessary within the northern Piedmont. Furnishings manufacturing is a serious business within the central Piedmont. The southern Piedmont is the main U.S. cotton-textile producing space.
Incoming search terms:
- appalachian region map with cities
- Where is the Piedmont
- placesto visit in Georgias piedmont region
- appalachian mountains piedmont
- where is piedmont in the us
- popular attractions in the piedmont region in virginia
- places to go in the north carolina piedmont region
- piedmont on map
- piedmont area