The Piedmont <<PEED mont>> Region is an space of gently rolling and hilly land between the Appalachian Mountains and the Atlantic Coastal Plain of america. It was named for the Piedmont area in Italy. The Piedmont Region covers about eighty,000 sq. miles (207,000 sq. kilometers). It ranges in elevation from 300 ft (ninety one meters) above sea degree within the east to 1,200 ft (366 meters) within the west.
Tobacco is grown extensively within the Piedmont Region. The Piedmont cities of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and Richmond, Virginia, account for about half of the full cigarette manufacturing in the USA. The Piedmont part of Virginia and Pennsylvania is ok apple-rising nation.The dairy business is necessary within the northern Piedmont. Furnishings manufacturing is a serious business within the central Piedmont. The southern Piedmont is the main U.S. cotton-textile producing space.
Incoming search terms:
- areas in the GA piedmont to visit
- ga piedmont place to visit
- piedmont region us map
- places to go in the piedmont nc
- places to go in the piedmont region
- places to go in the piedmont region in sc
- places to visit in piedmont region in ga
- places to visit in the reigon of peidmont in georgia
- tourist attractions in the piedmont region of virginia