Mauna Loa <<MOW nuh LOH uh>> is a volcanic mountain in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on the island of Hawaii. Mauna Loa rises 13,677 feet (4,169 meters) from sea level to its peak. It is the world’s largest volcano.At the top is Mokuaweoweo, a crater. Kilauea volcano lies on the southeastern slope. Mauna Loa and Kilauea are Hawaii’s only active volcanoes.
Mauna Loa erupts at irregular times and sometimes sends streams of fiery lava flowing down to the ocean. Most of the lava produced by eruptions comes from rifts (cracks) in the mountain’s sides, not from the peak crater. Mauna Loa’s longest eruption lasted 18 months in 1855-1856.
Incoming search terms:
- Find me MOUNT EVEREST GODWIN AUSTIN on the india map
- GODWIN AUSTIN on the india map
- himalayan and mountains everest map
- himalayan mountains everest map of china
- k 2 Mountain - asia
- k2/godwin austen pakistan location
- loa soni
- where is karakoram mountain range on the indian map