Mauna Loa <<MOW nuh LOH uh>> is a volcanic mountain in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on the island of Hawaii. Mauna Loa rises 13,677 feet (4,169 meters) from sea level to its peak. It is the world’s largest volcano.At the top is Mokuaweoweo, a crater. Kilauea volcano lies on the southeastern slope. Mauna Loa and Kilauea are Hawaii’s only active volcanoes.
Mauna Loa erupts at irregular times and sometimes sends streams of fiery lava flowing down to the ocean. Most of the lava produced by eruptions comes from rifts (cracks) in the mountain’s sides, not from the peak crater. Mauna Loa’s longest eruption lasted 18 months in 1855-1856.
Incoming search terms:
- mauna loa mountain
- which is the worlds largest volcano in hawaii
- monte everest location
- mauna loa volcano hawaii volcanoes national park
- mt mauna loa hawaii
- mauna loa eruption
- national volcano park in hawaii unactive
- the 1855-1856 eruption of mauna loa volcano
- what is the ring of fire mauna loa
- what is the biggest volcano in the world